An EMS unit that offers medical treatment and cosmetic purposes!
BodyMed™ Dual Channel Dual Channel Electric Muscle Stimulator Unit, EMS-500
Extra-thick, soft pads
Electronic muscle stimulators (EMS) are used for both medical treatment and cosmetic purposes (conditioning and toning). Medical conditions treated by Muscle Stimulation include: Muscle Spasms, Long-term Disuse after Fracture or Prolonged Bed Rest, Strengthening for Joint or Muscle Injury, Immobilized Limbs, Atrophy Prevention, Bell's Palsy, Stress Incontinence, Muscle Weakness, Improving Muscle Tone, Muscle Spasticity following a Stroke, and Personal Fitness Training.
- All BodyMed portable EMS units have protective caps over the amplitude adjustment knobs to prevent unintended changes to the pulse amplitude.
- All Digital BodyMed units have a patient compliance feature that allows the prescribing doctor to monitor the patient's usage of the device
- All BodyMed Electrotherapy units come in hard-sided protective plastic cases
- BodyMed® electrotherapy units utilize standard lead wires and “pigtail’-style electrodes
- All units include two lead wires, one pack (4) electrodes, manual and 9-volt battery
What is TENS?
View the full operations manual: BodyMed EMS 500 Operations Manual
Questions: Manufacturer 1-866-528-2152
Portable EMS Unit Features:
- Channel: Dual, isolated between channels
- Pulse Amplitude: Adjustable 0-80mA peak into 500 load each channel, constant current.
- Pulse Rate: 1Hz- 160Hz (adjustable), 1Hz/step
- Pulse Width: 250 us fixed.
- Patient Compliance Meter: Shows the treatment time in hours.
- Timer: 15, 30, 60 minute and continuous mode selectable
- LCD: Shows modes, Pulse Rate/On/Ramp/Off time, timer, CH1/CH2
- ON Ramp: Adjustable 1-8 seconds. 1 sec/step
- Cycle ON Time: Adjustable 1-30 seconds. 1sec/step
- Cycle OFF Time: Adjustable 1-30 seconds. 1sec/step
- Function Modes: S-Synchronous, C-Constant, A-Alternation
- Wave Form: Asymmetrical bi-phasic square pulse.
- Max charge per pulse: 20 micro-coulombs
- Voltage: 0-110 Volt (Open Circuit)
- Power Source: 9-volt battery
- Dimensions: 108mm(H) x61.5mm(W) x25mm(T)
- Weight: 140 grams (battery included)
- Immediate relief of acute or chronic pain
- Pain relief for back, foot, shoulder, neck, virtually any acute or chronic pain
- Relaxation of muscle spasms
- Increasing local blood circulation
- Immediate post-surgical stimulation
- Maintaining or increasing range of motion
- Prevention of retardation of disuse atrophy
- Muscle re-education
- Immediate post-surgical stimulation of calf muscles to prevent deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- All electronic muscle stimulator units for sale include two lead wires, one pack (4) electrodes, manual and 9-volt battery.
- Place Electrodes on or around where you are experiencing pain
- Change the batteries when needed
- Vary the controls and settings (both the frequency and voltage)
- Determine and set the proper duration and intensity of the stimulation for you
- Follow the instruction manual for this portable EMS unit
- Long term effects of chronic electrical stimulation are unknown.
- Stimulation should not be applied over the carotid sinus nerves, particularly in patients with a known sensitivity to the carotid sinus reflex.
- Stimulation should not be applied over the neck or mouth. Severe spasm of the laryngeal and pharyngeal muscles may occur and the contractions may be strong to close the airway or cause difficulty in breathing.
- Stimulation should not be applied transthoracically in that the introduction of electrical current into the heart may cause cardiac arrhythmias.
- Stimulation should not be applied transcerebrally.
- Stimulation should not be applied over swollen, infected, or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- Stimulation should not be applied over, or in proximity to, cancerous lesions.
Hudson, OH 44236
The product information contained in this document, including the product images and additional product materials, was collected from various supplier sources. All product claims and specifications are those of the product suppliers and have not been independently verified by OTC Wholesale, LLC or its affiliates (“OTC Wholesale”). OTC Wholesale is not responsible for errors or omissions in the product information.
The properties of a product may change or be inaccurate following the posting or printing of the product information in the document, either in the print or online version. Caution should be exercised when using or purchasing any products from OTC Wholesale’s online or print documents by closely examining the product packaging and the labeling prior to use.
Due to product changes, information listed in this document is subject to change without notice. This information is placed solely for your convenience in ordering and OTC Wholesale disclaims all responsibility for its completeness and accuracy, whether or not the inaccuracy or incompleteness is due to fault or error by OTC Wholesale.